Monday 5 September 2016

For me travelling is always fun as one gather so many experiences and stories, both good & bad. Sharing one below incident...
After visiting our friend Punsa (Puneet Sharma) in Khurja near Bulandshehar (U.P.). Me & my friend Anthony were coming back to Gurgaon on my Yamaha Gladiator. It was around 8 pm we reached to a place which was full of small non-veg stalls & dhabas. It was on road and crowded. There were long queues on almost every stall. The flesh of goat & chicken was hanging at the counter to attract non-veg lovers. Anthony asked me to stop there and try some non-veg dish. As I am vegetarian I told him that if he wants he can but I will not. I also told him that it doesn’t seem to be a good place the whole atmosphere was bit scary, at least for me. He assured me and said at such places you find authentic non-veg. We went to a dhaba where a man in lungi putting chapattis in the Tandoor. Small kids were serving the customers and a man who was looking like a bouncer was sitting at the counter taking orders. I remember Anthony ordered some mutton dish which was very cheap approx. Rs 60 per plate. I asked Anthony that in Rs.60 what mutton he is going to get is really doubtful. I reminded him the Kaua biryani incident happened in movie ‘Run’. Anthony was sure that he will get something good. We both sat on the bench there waiting for the order. After few minutes a child of age 7-8 years brought a plate of mutton & chapatti. It was very awkward for us that such small kid was serving but it was not the place where we could have said anything, as we were sure that his father also working at any of those dhabas nearby. Anthony was enjoying his food and I was checking my mobile suddenly we heard that the man in lungi shouted at one of the child serving chapatti and hit him so hard on the chest with open hand that he fall on the floor 3-4 feet away. Child took almost 5-10 seconds to catch his breath and then cried hard. I looked at Anthony he told me that it won’t be a good idea to say anything here. We saw him crying for two to three minutes and then he was again back to work, serving chapattis. We left and were on bike coming back to Gurgaon. Both were quite. I was thinking about the child, thinking that what should I have done? I should have taken stand for him? I was engrossed with these thoughts suddenly Anthony asked me the question ‘Do you know why that child cried’. I found the question stupid and replied with anger and irritation ‘ofcourse because that bastard hit him so hard, he was hurt and must be in pain’. Anthony replied ‘No, he cried because at that moment he was not in a position to answer back that bastard. No one in life cries due to physical pain. One cries only when he or she feels helpless’. This reply of Anthony touched me and I agree to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment